The liver is the primary fat-burning organ in the body, and it must be cleansed and supported in order to achieve peak performance. Your liver is strongly affected by a poor diet. In fact, a liver overloaded with pollutants and toxins is the number one weight-loss roadblock. Excess fat, sugar, alcohol and caffeine—along with antidepressants and birth control pill—work to sabotage your weight loss efforts by creating a tired and toxic liver that can’t efficiently burn body fat.
Fat Flushers have also found that it improves circulation, increases energy, stabilizes mood swings, induces sound sleep, improves skin texture, makes nails stronger, and helps to lessen depression and anxiety. They also report lower cholesterol (as much as 30 points) and balanced triglyceride levels.
Long Life Cocktail (cranberry juice, water, and psyllium or flaxseed) is a potent source of phytonutrients such as anthocyanins, catechins, luteins, and quercetin -powerful antioxidants, providing nutritional support and cofactors for the liver. These nutrients seem to digest fatty globules in the lymph. Fiber blocks the absorption of fat, increases fat excretion, and binds toxins so that they are not reabsorbed into your body.
Lemons– High in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant in the body, vitamin C travels through your system; preventing cellular damage and cholesterol build up by zapping any free radicals it meets. Recently, researchers discovered a substance in lemons called limonene. This essential oil has been shown to shrink cancerous tumors, detoxify carcinogens in the body, and stimulate the healthy flow of lymph fluids. Lemons assist in the digestive process by producing necessary enzymes, invigorating the gall bladder and liver, and promoting the absorption of protein and minerals from foods. It benefits bile formation, which is essential for optimal fat metabolism and helps regenerate the liver. It also promotes peristalsis, the movement in the bowels that keeps waste moving along the digestive tract and out of the body for elimination. Lemon juice also helps liquefy fat so that it can be flushed out of your system faster. Drinking lemon juice in hot water acts as a mild diuretic, ridding the body of retained water and toxins. It may also help to reduce cellulite by cleansing the lymphatic system and stimulating blood flow to the skin.
Cranberry Juice/Water (Cran-Water) will assist your liver in diluting and expelling the increased body wastes from the two-phase detoxification process. Water provides the hydration necessary to empty stubborn fat stores as your liver becomes more efficient at using stored fat for energy. Packed with flavonoids, enzymes, and organic acids, such as malic, citric, and quinic acids, they have an emulsifying effect on stubborn fat deposits in the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system, which has been called the “garbage collector of the body,” transports all kinds of waste products not processed by the liver. With the help of organic acid components, the cranberry juice digests stagnated lymphatic wastes, which could very well be the reason Fat Flushers claim that their cellulite disappears.
Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV): An excellent fat burner helps whittle away excess weight and revs up the metabolism. A recent study found that participants who consumed as little as 1 ½ Tb. of ACV ate 200 fewer calories at the following meal. The main ingredient in ACV is acetic acid, which is a powerful nutrient that has proven to stimulate the metabolism. It also contains dozens of other nutrients that work to eliminate fat by creating the ideal chemic balance in the body. ACV contains potassium, which helps transfer nutrients to your cells and gives toxic waste substances the boot, contains pectin, a fiber that “scrapes” the cholesterol off blood vessel walls, and also helps cleanse and tone the digestive tract, while increasing circulation, soothing achy joints and sore muscles, and giving skin a healthy sheen.
Protein is important to your liver’s health and function. Protein can raise your metabolism by 25 percent and activate the production of enzymes needed during detoxification. Your liver needs protein to produce the bile that is essential for absorbing fat-soluble nutrients. Proteins are the tissue and muscle rebuilders. For every pound of muscle gained you will burn extra calories. Subsequently it will help stop hunger and keep blood sugar/insulin levels steady as well as support your system’s detoxification process.
- Eggs are the highest dietary source of several sulfur-based amino acids, needed by the liver to regulate bile production. This nutrient rich food is also a superb source of phosphatidyclholine, a nutrient needed for overall liver health and to make lecithin, which helps prevent cholesterol oxidation harmful to the liver and other organs.
- Red meat such as lean (grass fed) beef and lamb are high in L-carnitine, which plays a vital role in normalizing liver enzymes in the blood and in the livers use and metabolism of fatty acids. L-carnitine also helps clear waste products from the mitochondria to avoid free-radical accumulation and damage. One gram or more of l-carnitine per day has been shown by at least one study to be enough to burn off 10 extra pounds in 12 weeks when combined with a Flat Flush type diet and light exercise.
- Whey Protein (we are using Collagen Peptides)- Unlike soy or wheat protein, whey contains all the essential amino acids and has the highest number of branched chain amino acids (BCAA), which are crucial for a strong and healthy body. Research has shown that consumption of whey helps reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer, hypertension and heart disease. It boosts the immune system by increasing levels of glutathione, the most potent antioxidant in the body. In addition to increasing lean muscle mass and energizing the body, whey provides a number of other Fat Flushing benefits. It helps keep blood-sugar levels stable, which staves off the cravings that result from swings in your blood sugar. Components in whey help promote satiety by increasing the level of CCK, an appetite-suppressing hormone. Whey pumps up serotonin levels in the brain, which help fend off depression—and emotional eating.
Supplements and Spices
- Dried Mustard– Mustard seeds contain ample amounts of phytonutrients, including isothiocyanates. The Isothiocyanates have been the focus of many cancer-related studies and have shown to inhibit the growth of existing cancer cells, especially in gastrointestinal tumors. It also provides selenium, magnesium, monounsaturated fats, and phosphorous. And they are a good source of iron, calcium, zinc and manganese. Mustard helps flush fat by revving your metabolism.
- Cinnamon – Boasts a long history as both a spice and a medicine. Recent studies have confirmed cinnamon’s ability to rid foods of dangerous bacteria. One study, conducted at Kansas State University, found that cinnamon destroyed E.coli bacteria in apple juice. Cinnamon has been well researched for its ability to prevent unwanted clumping of blood platelets.
- Flaxseed Oil– the plan takes advantage of its metabolism raising action and its ability to attract and bind to the oil-soluble poisons that lodge in the liver and carry them out of the system for elimination. The essential fatty acids in flaxseed oil also stimulate bile production, which is crucial to the breakdown of fats. Research has proven that one major obstacle in “dieting” is hunger. Taking 2 tablespoons a day of flaxseed oil eliminates this problem because it creates a feeling of fullness and makes you feel fuller longer.
- Evening Primrose Oil (GLA)– The GLA found in Evening Primrose Oil mobilizes the metabolically active fat known as brown adipose tissue (BAT). This special form of fat, if available in sufficient amounts, can burn off extra calories and boost energy. 500 mg with 40 to 45 mg GLA per capsule.
- Dandelion Root– Used for centuries worldwide as a liver tonic and blood purifier. It has the ability to clear obstructions and stimulate the liver to detoxify poisons. It contains all the nutritive salts that are required by the body to purify the blood. Take 500 to 2000 mg. daily.
- Milk Thistle– a powerful antioxidant that protects your liver from cell damage. It also is considered a liver regenerator and helps with bile stagnation. Take 500 to 2000 mg. daily.
- L-Carnitine- carries fat to the mitochondria in your cells, where the fat is converted to energy. It also helps clear waste products from the mitochondria. At least one study has shown that 1 gram or more of L-carnitine is enough to burn off 10 extra pounds in twelve weeks when combined with a Flush-type diet and light exercise.
- Chromium– is an important nutrient yet our diets are frequently deficient in it. It acts as a transport mechanism to enable insulin to work more quickly and efficiently. Thus you store less fat and use more calories to build muscle. In a study done in 1998, individuals who took chromium supplements had an average weight loss of 6.2 pounds of body fat, whereas those taking a placebo lost 3.4 lbs.